Splash Proof Product Line
What is Splash Proof?
More specifically, what is Splash Proof Nanotechnology Coating?...
Splash Proof is a nanotechnology coating that is solvent-based or water-based, penetrating, V.O.C. compliant, water repellent which contains a proprietary modified siloxane. This solvent-based siloxane penetrates up to 1/4 inch or more, depending on surface porosity and moisture content at the time of application. Splash Proof reacts with the minerals in concrete, pavers, and stone.
Whether the surface in question is concrete, pavers, a tile roof, stone, or many other options, Splash Proof can provide a hydrophobic layer which will reduce the growth of mold and mildew for years! This reaction forms strong permanent bonds beneath the surface and creates a hydrophobic zone that prevents water molecules from penetrating, while allowing free migration of water vapors. The chemical bonds formed in this process allows Splash Proof to become an integral part of the substrate and provide long-term water repellent protection.
Splash Proof water-repellent products create long-lasting protection (up to 10 years) from negative environmental effects. Our products were designed to combat these problems, not only increasing the longevity of treated structures, but also decreasing maintenance costs. Effective hydrophobation is possible without using inorganic compounds.
Moisture is the root cause of almost all mechanisms that damage mineral-based building materials. The porous nature of mineral substrates soaks up the water containing contaminants via capillary suction. This fact causes many damaging effects to the substrate. Preventing water ingress into a substrate structure can completely eliminate risk of damages to the substrate caused by moisture.
Conventional coatings, like polymeric, prevent water ingress but simultaneously seal off the pores blocking water within. This results in the inner decay of the substrate. At the same time, they are not resistant to UV radiation or scratches what allows water to penetrate again.
- Permanent water and moisture proofing
- Reinforces the density and hardness of concrete
- Reduces dusting, efflorescence, and cracking of the substrate
- Resists the corrosion of chloride, UV, chemicals, and salts
- Discourages the growth of bacteria, mold, mildew, and algae
- Extends the life of painted concrete building
- Does not change the color or structure of the substrate
- Great for high traffic areas
- Self-cleaning in the rain
- Stain resistant e.g. wine, juice, and gum adhesion etc.
- 5 year warranty on ground work: concrete, pavers, and stone
- 10 year warranty on tile roof